The botulinum toxin is a non-surgical medical technique, that go into the skin to prevent facial wrinkles. This procedure is simple and painless. The botulinum toxin help keep these areas free of wrinkles.
The application of botulinum toxin type A is performed, on each specific zone, through microinjections. The application is is very precise in terms of location and quantity; therefore it is a highly safe and efficient technique. The application is done in 30 minutes, it´s completely painless.
Botulinum Toxin is a high purified natural protein which relaxes facial muscles and thus eliminates or reduces wrinkles leaving a relaxed, toned and smooth skin in order to restore the face´s brightness.
In Capmed we only use botulinum toxin type A, which has been approved by the FDA and other worldwide federations (EU) for the exclusive use in aesthetic medicine.
The botulinum toxin is especially recommended for:
- The temporary and reversible treatment of wrinkles.
- Correction of facial injuries.
- Diseases associated with exaggerated muscle activity.
- Facial movement disorders.
This treatment is not recommended in the case of:
- Infections on the application zone.
- Serious muscular pathology.
- Allergy to egg’s protein.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
1st Session: application of the botulinum toxin on the areas indicated by the doctor.
2nd Session: treatment revision after 15 days from the 1st session.
Subsequent sessions: in order to maintain the results, sessions will be arranged according to each patient´s skin-type during the following 3 to 4 months.
Results will be seen within 72 hours after the application. Maximum results are reached within 7 to 15 days from the application. It lasts for 3 to 4 months, depending on every individual.
Post Treatment Recommendations
- Within the following 6 to 8 hours after the treatment it is necessary:
- Not to massage, touch or press the treated area.
- Not to wear motorbike helmets or any other type.
- Avoid physical activity and perspiration.
- Do not apply make-up.
- Do not sleep during the following 6 hours.
During the days following the treatment some side effects may appear, such as: headache, ocular congestion, edema and watery or swollen eyes. These symptons are very unusual, temporary and reversible they spontaneously abate.